Subject: [Leica] Skateboard park
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:26:39 -0800

Larry Z  offered:
> Good action shots. But if I was the park manager or the town attorney I
> would have nightmares about potential liability litigation. Only one of
> the
> kids is wearing protective gear. Our local skate park requires helmets,
> knee
> pads, and elbow guards before a kid can put a wheel on those slippery
> slopes.<<<<<<<<

..........>>nightmares about potential liability litigation. <<<
And right there is why kids are so molly coddled these days instead of
letting them go to the parks climbing and falling out of trees and breaking
a leg or arm once in awhile. My gosh millions of us did that in the "good
old days!" and yep we got hurt many times, But sue?

When we hear of a guy suing his parents because he was circumcised at birth!
Then one really has to wonder why we should bother going out side some days
due to these mindless greedy pigs who may find a reason to sue us due to
their own stupidity and greed!!

And this modern day of sue every thing and anytime over the simplest of
things to merely make a buck people with nothing better to do but, "I'll sue
and make a bunch of MONEY" attitude are shameless trash and fun spoilers for
many!"  This lousy make a buck mindset at any cost for absolutely nothing
but make money should be thrown out of court the moment they walk in. Sure
there are some cases where an honourable reason for suing can be found...
but 99.9% of these people are pigs with nothing better to do in their lives
but make life miserable for others.

Look at it this way... some economically poor kids who's parents can't
afford the so called safety equipment are denied "play time" due to not
having the extra gear. Don't get me wrong I'm all for head gear and other
common sense safety equipement, however in many cases rules for gear have
been made by bumbling bureaucrats who don't want to be sued by the pig
element of society who relish suing for every little thing they can work at
making a buck.

Ok I think that's my rant for today! :-)
cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Skateboard park)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Skateboard park)