Subject: [Leica] IMG: Breakfast at IKEA
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 19:24:16 -0500

> A real bargain for 99 cents. But the coffee is terrible.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Breakfast+at+IKEA.jpg.html
>
> Larry Z

I liked the Swedish meatballs. But then that became the last meat I ever
ate.
I love IKEA.
Part of its greatness is the quirkiness.
They re invented it. I always love the people who re invent it.
But then there's no way you can have their system figured out ahead of time.
You will run into trouble.
You will end up sleeping on the floor for three weeks as there is a part you
in no way knew you had to order.

But in the end worth it.

And the chairs any insider knows are a wash out.
Just don't buy the chairs.
except their first big famous POANG chair.
Every other chair I got from then I ended up on my back on the floor.
Makes it hard to do a tuck and roll. It all happens amazingly suddenly.
You hear a crack. Then there you are.

 FLAT PACK FURNITURE
The secret is in the end no matter what you had to go through you feel like
its YOUR furniture.
As in you designed it yourself on your Mac SE with Claris Draw.
Cut down the cherry tree in your back yard and planed the wood. (and they do
use real wood on occasion but I'm ok with plastic whatever)
And put the thing together yourself. With the picture no words book.
As I sit at this IKEA desk and type.
Its MY desk.
And I love the option of the glass top.

Mark William Rabiner