Subject: [Leica] IMG: 2010
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 21:30:25 -0500

> At 08:23 AM 1/3/2010, you wrote:
>> Have you tried the latest D-Pradovit with M9 files?
>> Bonne ann?e
>> Phx
>
> We had that one at the last Leica
> seminar.  Absolutely stunning.  The photos looked
> 3-D.  You could walk right into them.
>
> Tina

I'm glad Leica is back in business in the image projection area.
They ruled before.

By the way avoid seeing Avatar in digital. 3d
Those guys have NOT got their act together in that area yet. Stick to film
versions of that an other movies. You do have a choice but you have to shop
carefully. Avatar is a real event and some feel 2d vs. 3d.
I'll  see it in 2d one day and see colors for the first time. And it will be
film.
What I saw as two contrast grades soft and was missing 20 points worth of
magenta. It appeared 20 points overly cyan.
But the film still grabbed me.
Although in my version there was no "film" involved.
Frustrating.

Mark William Rabiner