Subject: [Leica] photography in art museums
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 09:06:38 -0500

This is indeed because of copyright. The Louvre, for example, cannot
copyright the Mona Lisa, it's in the public domain, but they CAN copyright
their reproductions of it and control access to the original making sure
that nobody else can make reproductions of it.

Replies: Reply from tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray) ([Leica] photography in art museums)