Subject: [Leica] 2010 now Avatar
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 23:43:06 -0500

> As I understand it, you can see it in 'plain vanilla' 3D or in iMax
> 3D.  I gather that iMax 3D is in a specially outfitted theatre with a
> special iMax screen.

Three categories of 3d:
1plain vanilla' 3D,
2. Digital 3d or I
3. Imax 3D.

The last two are usually film projectors.
The first is a digital projector.

As some Imax projectors are digital that would make 4 categories of ways to
see it 3d.

When you see it in 2d they chop off the top and bottom  of the screen to
make it Cinerama. It was shot in wide TV format  16:9 a thing which almost
never happens because he  "liked the height" for the 3d effect.

I think it was just because there's lots of shots of things falling.

Mark William Rabiner