Subject: [Leica] X-1 Packaging
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 00:34:57 -0500

> What were they thinking?!   Is this a camera or jewelry?  :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Dick

What was the guy who did the article thinking?
That we should think he's a photographer and be taking what he's writing
seriously?
And I'm a sucker for a cheap video clip as much as the next gut but this was
way fake. There was no reality. No spontaneity.
Felt to me that he'd practiced opening the boxes several times before we saw
what we saw . There was not excitement. As he knew what to expect.
Not fumbling. No discoveries. No surprises.  All the cardboard was pre un
creased. I want my money back!

An "unboxing" is getting to be a major genre in this major media form.
The home  short video. Nobody watches TV any more. They're all watching
Utube instead. Jerky videos rule! But real ones!

Breaks my heart this guy needs an excuse to bring this back to Leica after
the three weeks trial time giving him a chance to do another half assed
review and video.
He was  supposedly getting it for his wife anyway.  I hate that kind of
stuff!
People get so self involved and self important when they start blogging.
The question might be why would we fall for it? Because it's on the
internet?
I  think Leica should charge him for the use of the camera for three weeks.
Its not like he's not plainly asking his readers for money here.

I'll look for real photographers and reviewers when I'm looking for such
stuff. Real journalists.
Dpreview.
 People who have a history of knowing how to make photographs and have some
to show me. What is this desaturation baloney?

I'm not going to get my specs from the B&H site that's way odd!
I'm going to get my specs from Leica!
LOVE their typeface and PDF's.
I'm gong to:
Dpreview
The luminous landscape
Where I can read REAL PHONY INTERNET REVIEWERS!

Mark William Rabiner