Subject: [Leica] Yearbook and covers
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 18:36:40 -0500

Given that it is Friday, given that we have been talking covers, I will
relate my issue.

When I was working on the FOM2 book (see his link to view preview and buy
ie FS friday)

<http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/259512>

I ran into "what to put on the cover". After much soul searching, I
decided to make a "homage" to the original book, which features a young
pipe player. Given that the book celebrated 50 years post the original
exhibition, the choice became obvious -- an old pipe player, and thus the
cover.

I have also thought that the image of HCB of a boy carrying bottles,
fitted with Nathan's image (50 years later) of his Uncle Jo doing
"similar" as well.

So when you go to blurb to pick up the yearbook, you can also get the LUG
project from 2000 to 2005.

Happy New Year

Alastair

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Yearbook and covers)