Subject: [Leica] New 35mm cropped
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 00:14:16 -0500

> Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>> Is that what you're using Doug? An M8?
>
> Don't be silly, Mark.  Can't focus my 280 APO on it.
>
>> It will be interesting to see in a year what  they are selling for.
>> And who wants to buy them. It won't be me.  Will I know them or just read
>>

> Mark, it' just a suggestion, take it or leave it.  Seeing as how you're so
> down on cropped sensors and the M8's is bigger (less crop) than the D40 it
> might be worth a look.  The DX Nikon lens' resale value will plummet too,
> especially when you open the box.  My guess is the net cost will be pretty
> similar to the 35mm f/1.8 DX and you'll be able to use your other M lenses
> too.
>
> Doug Herr

The thought did occur to me walking down the sidewalk tonight that when the
price of an M8 went down to 200 bucks it would be a great time for me to
spring for one.
The absurd thought I'm sure would cross my mind that why is this camrea not
a third smaller and lighter than the M9 I would later  be using. ?

Yet a Leica 72 had the virtually same body as the Leica 35.
The only difference you could see  easily was that the viewfinder window was
a little veridical thing in portrait mode.

Mark William Rabiner