Subject: [Leica] Oatmeal revisited
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:07:07 -0700

George Lottermoser writes:

> actually I'm not thinking "What does a Louisiana boy need a rice
> cooker for?"
> rather, I'm thinking, "What brand? Model? Features to look for? Pros
> and Cons?
>
> (I'm a rice and grain lover
> who'd love to not have to stand and stir;
> often considered the rice cookers;
> but also have found most
> "kitchen appliances" take up space
> while not actually making life in the kitchen easier)

The best automatic rice cookers are made in Japan. Panasonic or Tiger are
two good brands. We've used a 5.5 cup model with built-in timer several
times a week for years, totally accurate, reliable and gives perfect results
every time.

Frequent use of salt or other spices in these cookers are not a good idea.

Once you start using these to cook rice you won't want to go back to cooking
rice on the stove.

Greg Lorenzo

Calgary, Canada

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390708/direct/01/