Subject: [Leica] Flying With Camera Gear Post 25 Dec, 2009
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:32:41 -0800

Seems a fair comment on the economic impact.

Personally, I'm not going to fly to or through
the US anymore unless unavoidable. If I do have
to go anywhere in the US, I'll drive to Seattle
and fly from there, but generally for non-work
related trips I'll avoid the US.

There have been exceptions, of course, but
overall the US security/border service people
have been the rudest, most inconsiderate and
generally unpleasant of any border services I've
experienced in the last 10 years. They certainly
give an extremely unpleasant (and fortunately
incaccurate) first impression of the US.

The truly sad part of this is that the actual
security achieved is minimal, but the bad
impression made on all travelers is immense.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com