Subject: [Leica] Flying With Camera Gear Post 25 Dec, 2009
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:27:42 +0000

Mark,
I think how rude people are depends on their upbringing, and the culture in
which they are brought up.
I find that, in general Americans tend to be very polite on first
acquaintance, and familiar, compared to the UK. But you are right, a massive
complaint about anything seems to be normal customer behaviour in the US,
though most Brits will put up with appalling service rather than make a
fuss. This is a big difference.
I don't know how much you have travelled abroad, Mark, but your comments
seem very much UScentric rather than general to me, OTOH what you write does
perhaps explain why the US officials are so grumpy.
cheers,
Frank