Subject: [Leica] Russian Pres and S2
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:49:35 -0500

> Chris Williams wrote:
>
>> Just because he's pres he gets to shoot with an S2??
>>
>> http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=150131&o=all&op=1&view=all&subj=7568499
>> 7734&aid=-1&id=1715283872
>
> At least he took it outdoors where it could get snowed-upon!  BTW, for
> those
> who missed it, on the l-camera S2 forum Seal posted his impressions of the
> camera.  And he took it outdoors too :)
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

An interesting change of mindset as its a camera system with a reverse crop
circle factor.
Instead of 1.5 or 1.6 its  a .4 or something.

To "replace" a 400 Telyt f/6.8 you'd  need to be a 600mm perhaps!?!?
And how long we'd have to wait for sombody to come out with that if ever is
I don't know.

As a comparison to the past millennium the Mamiya 645 system had a 500mmm
lens
A 500mm APO  4.5 which weighed 190 oz.  and was 14.9"  long which translated
to a 310mm lens on a 35mm camera.

You do have a bit of leeway for cropping that you don't quite get with the
35mm format digital or film.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner