Subject: [Leica] Was problem now Plain old new to me M8
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 23:05:38 -0500

Let me come out of the closet here & say that I just purchased one of
those "disasters". Factory refurbished with a warranty and well under
the price of a D700.
And i don't have to invest in any Nikon glass, so go me! I can use the M
lenses I love and know so well, but now shoot a Leica M8. The RD1 is a
fun camera but I've come to want more, especially from the rangefinder
and the camera itself. Through a month of research and bugging a few
LUGgers ad nauseum, I made the plunge to get an M8. I can't wait to
start shooting it.
Absolutely cannot wait.
And I'm glad some LUG members here aren't jumping at the cost of the
very fine digital "half frame" that still delivers some of the best
images we've seen in the last three years. Many of them here on this
list! I'm glad because that low priced body was waiting for me and not
someone else.
Thanks all, especially those who helped me in the research with advice.
Phil Forrest