Subject: [Leica] Problem with new to me M8
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 00:56:04 -0500

> If the cropped format is no longer viable, I wonder why Canon has just
> brought
> out a new EOS 1D Mk IV?  They  must really be out of touch with reality.
> Sorry Mark, but I think it is still very viable.
>
> gene

Amazing 5 grand for a cropped camrea in this day and age but look at this
123 paged white paper..(some of the pages are light blue)
http://www.usa.canon.com/uploadedimages/FCK/Image/White%20Papers/EOS-1D%20Ma
rk%20IV%20WP1.pdf
or
http://tinyurl.com/ycenxmc

Not one illustration was not done with an ultra long lens.
Its a camera made for Doug Herr!
Its about speed and reach.

But really for high speed far off sports photography being put into to
media.
How its going to compete against a D3s I don't know but If's sure like to
have that option the D3s has between the two formats and get the speed and
reach when I really need it. And not when I don't.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner