Subject: [Leica] Problem with new to me M8
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 22:07:59 -0800

Mark.......

My M4 and M3 was bought after the M6 was introduced
My M6 was bought after the M6TTL came out
My M6TTL was bought after the M7 was announced
I never owned an MP nor M7, nor do I desire to own either.
My F4 is still my most advanced film SLR and purchased, used, after the F5
was well entrenched.
My D1x was purchased after the D3 was announced......
And My last film camera purchased is a Olympus F ......about 30 years after
it was made.....
My LF and MF cameras were all older models selected for features, not
because they were state of the art.  All purchased used.

I too do not buy state of the art in cameras.......

But I am NOT a Professional photographer..... You are.  And thus, the
biggest difference....

You should have the best and most competitive there is...  I don't need to
deal that competitive issue......

There is an overall LUG opinion  towards the working pro..... Many of the
most visible are working pros, have been working pros, or make some amount
of their annual income from selling images.  Listen to them and there is
only 1 way to go.... Lenses with F1, F1.4, etc.  Bodies that cost as much as
1/3 the price of my last car.  Etc, etc, etc......

Remember, there are the rest of us ....who just want to take images for our
own purposes.....not remuneration driven.  Our reasons to purchase are and
should be different than yours and other pros.

M8 Prototype or not, I had/have the option of buying a M9 and decided that
in MY financial picture, it was not an option.  The M8 is as good as I can
or will be able to afford.  Yes, I threw on a third party 2 year warranty.
I am sure I will need it.

Respect both the financial as well as the technical values to choice......

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net