Subject: [Leica] O.T. Need some info on old roll film adapters
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 00:08:03 +0000 (GMT)

My friend's great uncle died recently.  He had all sorts of photographic
treasure in his old house.  Amidst glass plate negatives, and dusty view
cameras, my friend gave me an APEM folding camera that takes, according to
the inscription inside the camera, 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" photos.  Now 2 1/2" is
about 1/4" taller than the only roll film size freely available today.

I know this is a Leica group, but I am not one to join lots of internet
groups, I'm only in two, so I hope someone here might be able to help.  A
couple of hours trawling Google didn't help me.  Has anyone come across a
store that sells re-spooled roll film in the older sizes?  Or, better yet,
does anyone know of anywhere that sells an adapter to make 120 film that bit
longer so that it can fit into a  slightly longer spooled camera?  The film
this one was made to take is APEM Roll Film No. 241, or Rajar Roll Film No.
41.  My friend just said, show me a photo taken with my Uncle Ray's old
camera and you can keep it.

 Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] O.T. Need some info on old roll film adapters)
Reply from durling at cox.net (Mike Durling) ([Leica] O.T. Need some info on old roll film adapters)