Subject: [Leica] OK, two new portfolios
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 16:31:50 -0800

Here's my "Artist's Statement"
California landscapes are diverse and unique. Instead of highlighting
the more majestic views, such as giant sequoias or the mountains of
Yosemite, in this project I present a more intimate look at
California's natural world: images from my visions which often offer a
hint of mystery. This is all California, from the high desert to the
coastal scenes; from the alien-looking Joshua Trees to human habitats
being reclaimed by mother nature. The images make use of negative
space to give a presence, and sometimes use Chinese calligraphy to
balance the overall feel.

http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/AnotherCalifornia

And
In this project, I hope to capture the disappearing diverse Salton Sea
area, including some of the remaining inhibitants. Photos from even
5-10 years ago show that evidence of human habitation is swiftly
disappearing along with the dying fish and bird populations. While it
is a dying world, I aim to capture the beauty found even under these
conditions.

http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/Evanescence

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com