Subject: [Leica] How low can you go? / Ritsuzen
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:25:59 +0000 (GMT)

Well, I'm pleased that the M8 can be used handheld at 1/8th, but it takes a
lot more practice and concentration to get that than with the cloth shutter
cameras.  Whether that be down to the shutter material, the mechanism, or
something else, I don't know.  Given normal movement of people, I'd say
1/8th is about as low as I'd normally go anyway.

I used to enjoy target rifle shooting with my grandfather.  These days I
practice archery, and I must say, I really enjoy the same kind of skills
used in slow shutter speed photography.  To me, it feels like ritsuzen, as
the Japanese say - standing or active meditation.

 Peter Cheyne