Subject: [Leica] Project Gutenberg
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:16:35 -0700

Just wanted to underline what Larry and Rei have already noted.  I've used
PG in the past when you had to copy the ascii files and access them through
your reader -- nothing difficult, but not fun either.  Now, as Rei says, you
get Stanza (free) for your iPhone or Touch and it connects to the PG library
directly.  I have Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire on my Touch
and am reading it right now via Stanza.  There are also a lot of PG and
other public domain items available on Kindle for free, or for a low 99 cent
fee.  I'm a big fan of e-reading -- I have 25-30 complete novels on my
Touch, plus the Odyssey and Iliad, and the US Constitution.  There are
several e-reader apps available through iTunes -- I suggest trying several
(all free) as there are differences that may suit one user over another.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE