Subject: [Leica] IMG: Mid-South Snow Begins
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:13:18 -0600

On 1/29/2010 1:00 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> The snow storm that blanketed Oklahoma City finally reached us at 10:30
> this morning.  It is coming down at about one inch per hour, and could
> change to ice this evening.
>
> This was the scene from the window as it began.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Snow+Begins.jpg.html
>
> I realize this is just a nuisance for you folks to the North, but, to us,
> it is an event!
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

Hi Jim,
It is still going strong here.  Here is my spouse shoveling snow a
little while ago:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kcarney/IMG_0452.jpg.html

I should probably help, but she knows I like to relax with a beer by the
fireplace on days like this.  I do hate to see her scrape an inch of ice
off the car, but we will need food after all (I did my part there.  We
knew this was coming, so Wednesday I stocked up on gin and cognac -
unlike many husbands, I don't mind pitching in on the household work).

Ken Carney
Oklahoma City

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Mid-South Snow Begins)