Subject: [Leica] IMG: Crossroads
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:37:40 -0600

On 1/31/2010 11:32 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> The remaining snow has an icy crust, so footprints are very distinct.
> This was seen in my driveway this morning.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Crossroads.jpg.html
>
> Olympus E-1 with Leica Elmarit-R 60/2.8 Macro
>
> Comments and critiques welcomed.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

Very nice image indeed.  I kept thinking, while I was iced in, that
there must be something out there to photograph.   I remember Edward
Weston said that if you can't find anything to photograph, look down at
your feet.  I was never sure what that meant, but now I get it. I am
envious when you say "remaining" snow.  As of now, not one bit of it has
disappeared.  Our cars must have had a half-inch of ice all over, thanks
to street repairs depriving us of our driveway.  Now I see that
beginning at 9 pm CST we are to get "freezing fog" (images of Steven
King).  Anyway, thanks for Netflix.  Tonight we watched the film
"Amadeus".  We got to see two Broadway productions, the one with Frank
Langela then David Duke, but had not seen the movie.  If this keeps up
I'll be down to my Lightroom tutorial.

Ken Carney
Oklahoma City