Subject: [Leica] Was shutter lag - now processing time
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:00:26 +1000

Howard the M9 uses two of the M8 processors but they are dealing with much
more data as you noted. Stefan Daniel said that he is not yet happy with the
processing time and has told his engineers to try to reduce this time.
He also said that the decision to use the same processor rather than a
derivative of the new Maestro was in order to reduce risk and the time frame
in design development (which happened concurrently with the S2) The same
development partners were used, being Jenoptik in this instance.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman