Subject: [Leica] IMG: Weston Beach and This Week's Blog
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 07:10:31 -0800 (PST)

They wouldn't have; you were hand holding. Once met a guy out at Weston with
a D300 and he was crowing about how he didn't need a tripod because he had
this great image stabilization. Everytime (Jim and I) see someone out there
now without a tripod we comment that it must be one of those fantastic
D300's.

I don't want to get too much into it with you Mark, but why do you think the
Scheimpflug principle doesn't work for 35mm? Something to do with the
physics of it? Physics stops working below medium format?

Sorry, but it works fine with 35mm, IMO, and adds great depth of field
capabilities. I don't use shift at all except when I'm all set up and I'd
like to change the framing a bit. Tilt, on the other hand, works very well
in all format sizes I use for changing the way you can use DOF.

As for using the 90TS, I thought I'd just play around with it as Jim is
always giving me grief about it being useless (and he's probably right). But
it did seem to work well in this situation and hey, at least I got 1 shot
with it over its lifetime.

So don't knock it till you've tried it. Have you? Come on out and show Jim
and me how...
Bob

 Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.rgaphoto.com

________________________________
Rabiner rote:
I shot Weston beach with Jim Brick  July 2001 with a 50mm Distagon CF on a
Hasselblad 500cm and no tripod.
Next time I'll use a tripod and get more serious. But some times not using
one gives you "other" shots. Like birds and other people shooting pictures.
If I used a tilt shift my shots would have come out better how?
To me you need that stuff for this subject matter when you are shooting
large format. Medium format you just stop down a few with a wide and you're
getting everything so I don't get it. Perspective? What am I going to get
crooked tide pools? I think they are already crooked.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner