Subject: [Leica] EYE BLINK TIME? FALSE START????????????? AFTER THE GUN?????????
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 08:24:44 -0800

though he started after the gun each time.<<<<<

That's the first time I've ever heard of that? And given I've covered all
the Summer Olympics since Mexico in '68  to Barcelona in '92. Along with Pan
American Games and Commonwealth Games over the same period of time, never
heard it during any of these international games either.

False starts as in.... "jumping the gun?"  Seen lots of those. But creating
a "disqualification false start" due to not leaving the blocks when the gun
goes off?  Very interesting.... must ask one of the Olympic track coach's
about that one.

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] EYE BLINK TIME? FALSE START????????????? AFTER THE GUN?????????)