Subject: [Leica] Is it worth buying a pre-loved R4 or R3 if only Leica canfix it?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 17:16:31 -0500

I understand that the R3 isn't repairable.

I would go with the later R's. I have an R6.2 myself, and have owned
R7's. I love how "fast" an R7 shoots, compared to the R6.2, but I wanted
to stay with a mechanical R, and more modern than an SL2.

I've had SL2's, and loved them, but parted with them for the R6.2. I do
remember the SL2 being superbly robust but a touch heavy.

...Vick