Subject: [Leica] 100 years of Alfa Romeo
From: joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao)
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 11:32:57 +0800

My first car was a V-reg 1979 Alfasud 1.5Ti bought in 1984.  Great handling
and glorious flat-4 boxer engine.  Sadly it failed its MOT not long after
because of rust.  Ferrous oxide was showing up everywhere.  Door mirrors
fell off as the doors rusted away.  The MOT inspector peeled back the
carpets and you could see a big chunk of North Circular Road underneath.  I
could have put my feet through the hole and drove the car like Flintstones
did.  I miss that car, and I miss its engine even more.

Joseph