Subject: [Leica] CV 1.5/50mm Nokton opinions?
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 21:21:35 -0500

I used to have one. I liked it, it was very sharp wide open. Leica summicron
is sharper but if you need f1.5, the Nokton is very good, better than my
Nikon 50/1.4 that I use on my digital cameras. A lot better. Its actually a
very, very good lens, just not QUITE as good as a Summicron (but its a stop
faster too and 1/6 the cost and still better than most Japanese SLR 50/1,4
lenses)

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com/fine_art/portfolio/waynedale/photopages/in
sert-politicians.htm

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com/fine_art/portfolio/waynedale/photopages/ov
erturned-chair1.htm

The two links above are photos I shot with it at about f8.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com/fine_art/portfolio/snapshots/photopages/ga
bby1.htm

The one above was shot around f2

--