Subject: [Leica] CV 1.5/50mm Nokton opinions?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 20:15:55 -0800

At 8:47 PM -0500 2/6/10, Jan Decher wrote:
>Has anyone used the CV 1.5/50mm Nokton on SM (or any) Leica?  Is
>this a decent lens (worth $400?)
>Jan

It's nice and it's sharp. Unfortunately, while it is probably sharper
than a pre-asph Summilux, it's quite harsh and in a couple of years
of owning one I found that in the end, I didn't like most of the
shots. Finally, after a bump all the aperture blades fell into a
little pile in the middle. I had it repaired and sold it with no
regrets.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design