Subject: [Leica] Olympus hits back with a stripped down micro 4:3 for $599 w/ lens
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 20:00:56 +0100

Steve, you can flip up the EVF so that you look down into it, like on a
Rollei.

To the general point: for me, the GF-1 is not a substitute for the M8/M9,
but rather for the DSLR. I can get true macro capabilities, I can get long
lenses beyond what the M system can provide. And an additional bonus is that
it is much smaller and lighter than even an M8 outfit. In a couple of weeks
I will go to Bath to visit my son for a weekend, flying on a low cost
airline with hand luggage only--the GF-1 is just the ticket (pun intended)
for such trips.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman