Subject: [Leica] High price for art
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:33:56 -0800 (PST)

So that leaves my second theory...
:-)
 Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.rgaphoto.com

________________________________
From: Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
Sent: Thu, February 11, 2010 8:27:05 AM
Subject: Re: [Leica] High price for art

> I think you're right. I'm doing a show right now with 4 other people; 2
> sculpturers and 2 other "2-D" artists (painter and 'digital artist'). The
> sculptures have just about all sold; none of the 2-D artists have sold a
> piece.
> Of course, the 2D artists (including myself) might just suck! :-)
> Bob
>  Bob Adler
> Palo Alto, CA
> http://www.rgaphoto.com

This weekend I went to meet an old Portland friend who is a painter.
Or just call it flat art which hangs on the wall as they are collages in
layers in which you know not how they were done.
When I knew were she was up and coming. But time flies.
It was the OUTSIDER ART FAIR. Cost me 20 bucks to get in.
38 galleries from all over.
It was like a smaller AIPD show but no photos. Not even a lousey silk
screen.
I thought from looking at the website that she had all kinds of stuff up but
all I could find was one.
But there was a list. I checked it twice.
She sold all her "paintings" except for one.
At a grand and a half each. I think a half dozen of them.
At booth 37 Gallerie Bourbon - Lally which is in Petion - ville, Haiti.
And was buying stuff done by other artists.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/06/arts/design/06outsider.html

How many have us have bought a print done by another photographer?
No me.
But I have a few from trade outs.
I think 2d art sells.
And better than 3d in most cases as most people don't have the room for
something on their floor.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner