Subject: [Leica] OT - New Nikon Lens
From: hartzell at alerce.com (George Hartzell)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 14:20:53 -0800

Wendy Thurman writes:
 > Thanks for the advice, Jayanand.  A while back I (foolishly) bought a 17"
 > MacBook Pro.  Nice machine but just too heavy.  I've been considering one
 > of
 > the Airs Apple makes but I don't know if the machine is powerful enough
 > for
 > post-processing.

I love my 13" MacBook, and the 13" MacBook Pro (which replaced what I
have) is even nicer.  It's small enough for me to carry it everywhere
without whinging too much but has enough oomph to do what I need to
do.

I was stuck (as in not moving at all) in traffic on I-80 in the Sierra
a few weeks back and used it watch a bunch of Mad Men episodes from
DVD.  If I had been sitting there twiddling my thumbs for 2+ hours I
would have gone bonkers.

I do use Lightroom on it and it is adequate.

g.