Subject: [Leica] IMG: My lens-test window
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 23:20:59 +0100

Who needs lens-test cards? :-)

A shot through my office window today:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/203014-1/_MG_0702.jpg

Car number plate on the left = edge sharpness
A brick wall in the background = centre sharpness, contrast
Twigs and branches = chromatic aberration, fringing, sharpness and contrast
Snow = white balance
Shield on lamp-post = right-edge sharpness
Cyclist?s face = flesh tones
The whole shot = depth of focus (I focused on the plate of the VW Golf
in the middle)

I think this Soligor 35-80 zoom might be a keeper, it seems to work well
enough at f5.6 and 80 mm, light and compact too :-)

A similar test with a Tokina 35-105 proved that the lens barks :-(

Technical data: shot with a Canon 20D, 1/320, ISO equivalent 800 through
a slightly grubby windowpane

All I need now is some sun to try it out again in decent weather at ISO
100.
BTW: winter,snow and dull weather have now been with us here in Hannover
since the 18th of December - and I'm gradually getting sick of it.

Cheers
Douglas

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: My lens-test window)