Subject: [Leica] Hassy CFV workflow suggestions?
From: gkase at ccfc.com (George Kase)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:29:45 -0600

Hello...
I managed to aquire a CFV back for my Hassy V system (hurray!)
but am really stuck about software. All I want is a quick cheap easy way to
convert Hassy raw files to be able to use them in Photoshop without having
to buy $800 bucks worth of Adobe's Creative Suite. I've got Hasselblad's
Phocus software, which is like Lightroom but you don't have any output
flexibility (size of print etc) ...and Lightroom is just plain
frustrating and confusing to me. I don't want any features, filters, post
processing gizmos, skins or any of that...just gimme a usable file in my Mac
version of Photoshop that I already own (CS I think) and let me make prints!
Man, do I hate this fetish that software companies have for layering on
features that I don't want. In fact, I wish I didn't have to use photoshop
at all and could use a cheap piece of open source software that has NO
features except file translation and output...period. Anyone got any
suggestions?
thanks
George
Chicago