Subject: [Leica] Eugene Smith, Charlie Chaplin, and 6 Leicas
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 14:08:12 -0500

> It's odd that there would be such radically opposed schools of thought on
> his printing: I could understand "really great" versus "good but not
> great...."  But what we have is "great" versus "bad amateur."  I'll have to
> do a little more research on this matter, obviously.
>
> PS wha it means PMFJI ?

Well if it takes all night 5 boxes of paper 3 gallons of Dektol and a bottle
of scotch to make one print then how enviable is that?

You have to appreatate the result without thinking about what went into it.
Smith as a  guy with as many problems that you'd not want to as attributes
you'd want to have. If the price of greatness means being that troubled of a
person I'd think a minutes and try to take a more disciplined route.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro) ([Leica] Eugene Smith, Charlie Chaplin, and 6 Leicas)