Subject: [Leica] IMG: Brian at the LUG Central
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 21:00:35 +1000
References: <eb6799211002242229m35d61d86u9ae88157e11f85a4@mail.gmail.com> <007801cab5e6$c0072640$401572c0$@net> <eb6799211002242354q6e46455bj23c66a71b07fa09d@mail.gmail.com> <36172e5a1002250017v72eed28fk77d1566bc37be871@mail.gmail.com> <eb6799211002250028i575d0391g9a57ffc3e376f4f2@mail.gmail.com> <36172e5a1002250040t366a8f49vbd56e14e073d09fa@mail.gmail.com> <eb6799211002250055m61caefe8qa713bc7a208754e6@mail.gmail.com>

I have no experience with shaking, vibrating sensors. Actually I was only
thinking about M sensors being my frame of reference ;-)
I certainly don't want any such technology in my next M though.

However, anyone who is curious, take the challenge now. Shoot a frame at
f/16 of a plain white surface, OoF ideally. Look at it at 100% on your
computer monitor.
Report back in with hand on heart!
ps I just cleaned my M9 sensor and used 3 of my remaining visible dust swabs
since I found  visible streaks that are perhaps oil or similar. Checked the
sticker on the box. $67.00 for a pack of 12. Hmm.
Last major trip I had I had cleaned the sensor one evening in Frankfurt
actually but next evening I uploaded my cards to my laptop and found a tiny
hair or similar had just settled onto the surface afterwards. Spotting that
out of about 250 frames that day was no fun at all. Dust happens! Your
sensory experience not guaranteed to match mine.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman