Subject: [Leica] Will you put filter in front of your Noctilux
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:45:23 -0500

> About 3 weeks agi, I went to. My Leica friends, one of them brought a
> Noctilux without filter attach on. Then I asked why.
>
> To my surprise my leica friends there are against using any filter on
> their lenses, especially to their noct or summilux.
>
> I put a filter on my Noct, but start shooting without any filter with
> my 75 summilux.
>
> Any opinion on this?
>
> Warm Regards,
>
> Jerry

When you bought a Noctilux new in the little pamphlet you got with it they
told you to not use filters on the lens.
This never stopped any uv filter fanatics from doing so anyway to "protect
their precious investment" despite what anyone is going to tell them. Even
Leica.
People who want to use a red filter or a filter to do a real and specific
and useful thing (like filtering light)  have used them on the Noctilux with
no apparent ill effect.
On an M9 you'd not need them. Maybe a polarizer.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner