Subject: [Leica] Will you put filter in front of your Noctilux
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:50:04 -0500

> Tina that's exactly what they told me hahahhaha
>
> But I am still afraid with my nocti neverthelles.
>
> The coating for Noct 1.0 is already good isn't it?
>
> Jerry

Be afraid of that thin filter shattering making shards of glass which WILL
scratch that coating. Otherwise the coating is not likely to have anything
ever happen to it.
With a uv filter you are degrading a lens which is a work of art and cost
you as much now as tens of thousands of dollars.
And professional and serious photographers will just when they see it laugh
at you for being an idiot.
But go ahead and buy the filter. Protect your lens!  You're worried.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] Will you put filter in front of your Noctilux)
Reply from tcharara at mac.com (Tarek Charara) ([Leica] Will you put filter in front of your Noctilux)