Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Wide Angle 35mm f/2 Biogon T* ZM
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jefffery Smith)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:20:00 -0600

It is a very good lens but I don't have any sample pictures I can put my
hand on at the moment. I don't think you would be disappointed. My feelings
are that Zeiss has never really produced a bad lens, and the recent M-mount
lenses are all very high quality. There are some focusing isuues with the
50/1.5 Sonnar, but the others are very high quality. And there isn't much
out there to compete with it now that Konica is not longer in business and
producing the 35/2 Hexanon. The 35/2.5 M Skopar (Voigtlander) is "nice" and
the 35/1.7 Ultron (Voigtlander) is better, but the Zeiss is better in build
quality than the 35/1.7.

My gut feeling is that they rank in this order:
35/2 Summicron (tops)
35/2 Biogon and 35/2 Hexaonon - tied
35/1.7 Ultron
35/2.5 Skopar

And if you want to play with fire,

35/1.2 Nokton (it's big, it's heavy, and it can be finicky, but it's fast!)

Jeffery