Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Wide Angle 35mm f/2 Biogon T* ZM
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 18:27:04 -0500

> Mark,  I finally have to ask....
>
> with all of your expertise, taste, experience, strong opinions, and great
> lenses...
> why are you using cheap Nikon glass on a cheap cropped Nikon body?
>

> Steve

Because I have nether seven grand for an m9 nor $2,399.95 for a D700 at this
point. I've been acquiring nikon glass since 1973.
You think all of it is cheap?
Most of it is mid range classics and some of it is higher end.

I do like to use amazingly inexpensive glass in front of my Nikons sometimes
like the 99 dollar 50mm 1.8 I shot wide open with for a few hundred
exposures shooting a choir a few weeks ago in a dark church. It had an
effective focal length of 75 and just seemed ideal.
But I also like to use my not so cheap 28mm 1.4 or 14mm 2.8.
Mainly I use mid range stuff.
I just don't like the 2.8  Yuban coffee can zooms.

Plenty of people on this list would sell their glass to get the body.
Which to me is like selling off your legs so you can get the money to enter
the marathon.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Zeiss Wide Angle 35mm f/2 Biogon T* ZM)