Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Wide Angle 35mm f/2 Biogon T* ZM
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 18:52:34 -0500

> The problem with this argument Mark, is that the R&D of a modern ZM
> lens with modern coatings and the benefit of very stable, very precise,
> very consistent production is superior to what Leica had in the 1980's
> and prior. With computer technology leveling the playing field these

Yes it almost seems like I'd sacrifice optical modern excellence to not be
holding a piece of junk with an aspheric element in my hand but get
something out of brass from the 70's out of Wetzlar hammered together with
wooden mallets.

I do own a 25mm f4 Color Scopar from Cosina had love its compactness and the
results seem fine in 11x14 darkroom prints from the past. Also a 45mm 2.8 P
lens for my Nikons which says Nikon by was made for them by Cosina and was
not cheap, is a Tessar really, cost me 450 dollars. And I shoot through the
center of it at this point. Its chrome not black. Its a pancake. Which I
love with blueberries.
.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner