Subject: [Leica] Snowstorm
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 18:22:20 -0600

I envy those who can post pictures of Friday Flowers in the winter. This is
the best that I can do.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Artificial+sunflower+in+snow.JPG.html

The snowstorm that hit the US northeast last week was the most devastating
one in years. We have had higher snows but none quite so wet and heavy. The
wet snow took down trees and powerlines all over the area. Our electric
company estimates that 250,000 households were without power. It caused more
damage any storm I can remember. Of course my memory isn't what it used to
be. New York City escaped the brunt of the snow. Only 18" in Central Park.
But in the Hudson Valley we had more than 30" of wet, heavy, white stuff.
Here is a snap of our front porch a couple of hours into the storm.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Front+porch.JPG.html

It even froze out faithful watchdog solid.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Frozen+ceramic+poodle.JPG.html

The view out back is lovely but a lot of those beautiful branches came down.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Back+yard_001.JPG.html

But in only three months we will have real flowers if the deer don't eat
them first.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Snowstorm)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Snowstorm)