Subject: [Leica] PIXEL PITCH SIZE
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 10:40:05 -0800

Well, this is why "bigger is always better" is not always right. It must be
prefaced with "All other things being equal..." On a digital camera, you
have the support circuitry, the AD converter, the processing engine, and the
rest of the camera to give you that final RAW output.

This is presumably why Nikon dares to charge $4000-$5000 more for their D3x
than the Alpha A900A850 even though the sensors are the same.

This is why the Canon G11 (?) with its teeny 2 micron pixel pitch size
*under some conditions as tested,* produces printed output indistinguishable
from a MF digital back, as claimed by Michael Reichmann.

This is why if you have $4000+ to buy a lens, you buy Leica, if you have
$2000, you buy used Leica, if you have only $1000, you buy Zeiss. If you
have only $500, buy Cosina or ancient Leica.

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/> blog: <
http://imagecraft.wordpress.com>