Subject: [Leica] Wendy;s developing.
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 22:13:20 -0600

On 3/2/2010 4:48 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>> Do you squeegy the water off the negs after hanging?  That's how I was
>> trained
>> but now wonder if that might be a source of scratches?
>> Rob

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but a good darkroom water
filter is needed for rinsing, as well as fixer and stop.  A film washer
is a good investment - you put the reels in and it fills up, dumps, then
fills up again and so on.   The final soak in PhotoFlo should be in
distilled (water).  In my darkroom I always used local mineral water for
developing, because it started as distilled and they added the same
amount of minerals each time.  I liked the result better for developer
than distilled.  I just used two fingers to take off the excess water,
whatever the film size.  The temp on all steps should be reasonably
close, especially developer/stop/fix.  Personally, I like those little
CF and SD cards a lot better.

Ken Carney
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Wendy's developing.)