Subject: [Leica] How big can you print a 35mm photo?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 01:51:00 -0500

> On 3/2/2010 3:27 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>>
>> Because if you make it big enough, it is ART regardless of the intrinsic
>> quality of the image.
>>
>> I have seen out-of-focus shots of puke on the ground in serious galleries,
>> blown up to 1x2 meters or so. The hack was called Cindy Sherman.
>>
>> Nathan
>>
>> Nathan Wajsman
>> Alicante, Spain
>> http://www.frozenlight.eu
>> http://www.greatpix.eu
>> http://www.nathanfoto.com
>>

> Hmmm.  I remember reading that Edward Weston said, if you don't know
> what to photograph, look down at your feet.  I was never sure what that
> meant, but now I see part of it, especially the out of focus part.
> Maybe autofocus would be best after a bender.  And image stabilization.
> And automatic sensor cleaning.

It could mean the macro area.
Things closer than three feet.
When the light is less than ideal that works for me

I've never seen a shot he'd try to know of his own feet and have had very
bad luck in shooting my own.

Search engine Edward Weston and more than half of his key shots are in the 3
feet or less area.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner