Subject: [Leica] Adorama vs. B&H backorder policy...and oh yeah, I just ordered an M9
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 15:35:09 -0500

> Well, I decided to just do it.
>
> I usually buy from B&H, but on back-orders their practice is to charge the
> buyer's credit card when the order is PLACED.
> Adorama charges only when the item SHIPS.
> I don't want to give anyone use of my $7000 for a few (?) months needlessly
> and for no return (at 6% that's $35/mo).
> Anyone know why B&H is so unfriendly in this respect? Keeping an order
> active
> in the system until the item's in stock costs them nothing.
> But this practice clearly costs them orders.
>
> ?howard

Becaue by the time they get it the costumer has found it cheaper in some fly
by night operation or eBay and they had to spend their 7 grand getting it?
I like B&H over Adorama becaue B&H is more forthcoming as to if they really
have it or not.  Adorama you'll save twenty bucks but two weeks later
they'll tell you they're waiting to get it.  B&H you've got it a few days
not weeks after you order it.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] Adorama vs. B&H backorder policy...and oh yeah, I just ordered an M9)