Subject: [Leica] Farah, Afghanistan
From: lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 23:15:00 +0100

Hi Wendy,

I'm always interested for your pictures of this far country, I'm
usually quite fascinated by the oriental culture. I like the first
one, it shows a dessertic place. IMO ther is quite grainy, I've
developped on my darkroom days Tri X and HP 5 with D-76 or Ilford
ID-11, almost the same formula and the effect of temperature had a
certain big influence on the grain, I think remember that I prefer
D-76 at 1:3 to achieve a more large range of tones, and I does a
systematic quite vigourous agitation. I'm sorry to explain this, I
want just tell you what I remember.

On the other hand I see on your EXIF that you have scanned these with
a Plustek Scanner 7500i, I was just planning purchase one of these, I
know that there is the 7500i SE and AI, and I don't know which is the
difference. I scann with an Epson Photo 3170 flatbed scanner, I'm
quite happy for B&W but not for color. Are you happy with your Plustek?

Please continue showing us pictures of Afghanistan, I enjoy them!

Cheers
Lluis

El 09/03/2010, a las 18:05, Wendy Thurman escribi?: