Subject: [Leica] FS: 90mm Elmarit F2.8 Type 1 (c. 1960)
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 23:35:39 -0500

Hi all,

I've been using this lens on the Panasonic G1 and it's really too
front-heavy for such a trivial camera: I have no hope of a better one
(M-anything) anytime soon and I have a 90 Elmar-C F4 that's just as sharp
and much lighter and easier to handle; enough so that steadier grasp more
than compensates for lost stop. I have to say the colors of the Elmarit 2.8
are just a bit richer but I'm not such a color man and these are fairly easy
to enhance, from on-camera to PS. Soooo.... I'd like to see the Elmarit in
the hands of a LUGger who'd enjoy it and use it more than I can.

I'm looking for best offer. Blades appear to have a a few spots but are
functioning very well, they move very smoothly and the aperture sets with a
firm click. Focuses smoothly with just enough resistance. Glass very clear.
One piece of that faux leather material that dries and gets brittle (can it
be real leather?)  has broken off the band of black around the base, a fact
which I didn't notice until today as it's also black underneath it and it's
on the bottom of the lens when mounted where one sees very little unless one
is a child.  Missing chunk about half-a-thumbnail in size. Chrome is
pristeen and I have Genu--aiyne Leica chrome lens cap to match. Leica black
bakelite rear cap.

Contact me off list. Many thanks for your attention.

Vince

PS Check out M lens prices on this site. Generally he's on the low side but
not too far off. http://www.antiquecameras.net/leicamlenses.html