Subject: [Leica] IMg: Red Rock Canyon,NV images from Sunday
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 23:57:27 -0500

It's funny to me or odd that people love the last one above the others, for
to me, while it is technically excellent and vivid and beautiful it has of
the four the least sense of mystery and narrative and place. It's lots of
color and texture of an unusual kind, a real eyeful but the others actually
moan and sigh and creak and the wind moves and the light changes by the
minute so the land changes -- changes utterly -- by the minute, a fact which
the photos somehow give a sense of.  My deepest impression of the place
after two or three visits was of how tangibly one can feel death in the
landscape --- not ugly or horrible death, just inevitable death, neither
good nor bad but immense and powerful. It creates beauty of a special order,
that feeling.