Subject: [Leica] JOBO.dead - Rollei rescued (?)
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 10:46:18 +0100

Hi Frank,

I mentioned it in another thread earlier, along with the good news that
someone has put up money to resurrect the classic camera division of Rollei.

Former Rollei (Franke & Heidecke) manager Hans Hartje and his company
DHW are planning to continue production of TLRs, projectors and the
Rollei 35.

Rumour has it that they are also thinking about an analog version of the Hy6

Strangely enough, nobody has reported on this in the local newspaper,
the Braunschweiger Zeitung.

The wildest idea is the Rollei 35 Black Magic. They are intending to
build it in special editions of 1 to 5 cameras produced to order at a
price of 4 - 5 thousand euros each!

I must admit though, they do look rather gorgeous - and they're almost
as expensive as Leicas.

http://photoscala.de/Artikel/Rollei-35-magic-in-Kleinstauflage

Cheers
Douglas