Subject: [Leica] Ooops
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 18:15:26 -0500

Apparently I don't view my photo gear as liquid part of my net worth. Its a
solid. In 33.3 years as a photographer with most my friends being
photographers and this was the real world before the internet but we did
have the Shutterbug I  cant think of somebody who sold off a bulk of  their
gear because they was having "a slow year". I'm sure it must have happened;
I just cant think of an example.

I did have a few friends who loved to buy and sell or trade cameras back and
forth but I think they thought of better excuses to do so. Like "it was not
so sharp in the corners".     "the canons have better shift lenes - I'm
trading in all my Nikons for Canons.".
If always having new gear is the point then we can pick any excuse we want
to to justify that And the rest of us can all pretend we believe it.
Cameras are not money.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] Ooops)